Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crossover with American Idol

"Let's break out the booze and have a ball
....If that's all there is..."

The male witch finished his song in the Replica Bar. Anxiously, he looked out to see what the reaction would be.

"That was a copycat karaoke performance!", Simon Cowell said. The audience booed under their white masks. "You may as well have been on a cruise ship!"

It was Paula Abdul's turn.*

"Although it's a level of difficulty, you made it sound so effortless with ease, and I am so glad that you showed a beautiful vulnerability..... and if you are great with your goat head mask on and leaving it off, that I, you know, there's something--first of all, one thing that I was kind of--I was kind of surprised you picked that song, but when--well, first of all, you're like this bright light in this competition. You--you've got a sensitive side to you, got a total spicy side to you, you are real, you've got to keep going. It's great. And you have this presence. You know, minus a couple of bum notes from everyone we've seen so far this season, you all are unique and different. And what I'm loving about this season, you're--you have such a great instrument. You're musical."

Everyone, including the male witch, looked confused.

"I gotta tell you, dude", said Randy Jackson, "That performance may have been a little pitchy, but I was totally getting a lap dance from this freaky chick here while you were singing it! You're going to Hollywood, DAWG!"

* I am aware that Paula Abdul is no longer with the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment