Monday, July 26, 2010

Crossover with San Diego Comic-Con

"How long have you been waiting in that line, MacDuff?", Banquo shouted into his cell phone. Amid the assembled crowd it was difficult to hear.


"Four hours. Four bloody hours. Just so I can watch the cast of the new 'Twilight' movie answer some questions and show some clips," MacDuff responded.


"Any sign of Macbeth?"


"Not since this morning. He was getting his Optimus Prime costume together at the hotel. Every time I'd ask him something at breakfast he'd stare at me intently and say, 'I'm more than meets the eye!' It got annoying. What are you up to?"


"Trying to walk the floor, but I keep getting hit with backpacks. It's like I'm invisible, people just walk past me. Do you know who's selling original art? Glenn Danzig, the metal guy who used to sing for the Misfits. I kept asking to see different Jack Kirby pages just so I could make Glenn Danzig pull them out of the sleeve. I wanted to ask for a photo, but I chickened out."


"So what you're saying," MacDuff realized, "is that you had a one on one with Glenn Danzig? That we're all wandering this convention which is so large you can't possibly take everything in? That we're all having individualized experiences that we then discuss after the fact in a bar to compare notes? That you're treated as if you don't exist in a capricious manner? That faceless security figures tell you where you can't go? That you're constantly feeling a sense that while what you're seeing is totally amazing, you could be missing something even MORE amazing somewhere else in the building?"


"I guess so," said Banquo. "Hrm. So that's what that's like."

No comments:

Post a Comment