Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crossover with a Renaissance Faire

"I can't believe I paid twenty-six dollars to get in here," said MacDuff to Lady MacDuff as they wandered the grounds of the Renaissance Festival.

Lady MacDuff agreed.

"The food is overpriced. They're making us use this weird ticketing system to buy the damn food. Seven dollars for a beer? You'd think this was taking place at Oberon!"

Over at the entertainment stage, the witches were not faring much better.

"A juggler? A damn juggler? That's the entertainment?", said the Male Witch, disgusted. "I saw a thing earlier that claimed to be a dance party, but there was no techno music, no goat heads, and everybody kept fully clothed through the whole thing. You call that a dance party? NOT WHERE I COME FROM YOU DON'T!"

"I don't get it," said the Long-Haired Witch. "Are the people dressed up part of the show or are they just dressed up in medieval clothing to hang out? And if that juggler thinks I'm going to tip him after paying twenty-six dollars to get in here just so I could watch the juggler in the first place he's seriously delusional."

The Bald Witch looked around, anxiously. "Uh, guys," she said. "Where'd Hecate go?"

Hecate was over by the concession stand, screaming.

"What do you mean, you don't serve Frusen Glädjé?!?!??!", she shouted.

At the jousting arena, Macbeth and Lady Macbeth were focused on the King of the faire.

"All you have to do," Lady Macbeth said to Macbeth, "is kill the king of this overpriced monstrosity and then *you* can become king of the Renaissance Faire! They'll be jousting for us!" She held out a weapon.

"Is this a dagger I see before me?", Macbeth asked.

"Yes it is," said Lady Macbeth. "But it's made out of plastic. To kill the King you'll need to buy a real one. I think I saw one for sale for like seven hundred dollars over in the shopping area."

Macbeth kicked the dirt. "What a rip-off!"

No comments:

Post a Comment