Monday, January 10, 2011

Crossover with "Dear Mr. Henshaw"

May 12

Dear Mr. Henshaw,

Mrs. Danvers read your book about the dog to me. It was funny. I licked it.

Your freind,
Malcolm (boy)

December 3

Dear Mr. Henshaw,

I am the boy who wrote to you last year. Maybe you didn't get my letter. I'm always finding mountains of letters from my friend Macbeth to his wife lying around, so I'm not sure if the mail ever leaves the abandoned school I live in. It's the same letter from Macbeth every time, too, and it's filled with weird language like "This have I thought good to deliver thee, my dearest partner in greatness" - pretty weird, huh?

This year I read the book I wrote to you about called Ways to Amuse a Dog. It is the first thick book with chapters that I have read. I got it from the bookshelf at the MacDuffs' place. Lady MacDuff is expecting a baby!

If you answer I get to put your letter on the bulletin board in my detective office.

Keep in tutch.

Your friend,
Malcolm

November 13

Dear Mr. Henshaw,

I made a diorama of my Dad, Duncan, dancing with Mrs. Danvers. I saw them dancing after I thought my Dad was dead, so it was kind of weird but also kind of cool. Please would you write to me in your own handwriting? I am a great enjoyer of your books.

Your best reader,
Malcolm

December 2

Dear Mr. Henshaw,

My Dad thought my jaunty beret looked stupid and told me not to wear it but instead I hide it and wear it when he's not around. Joke's on him. Only you understand me, Mr. Henshaw. I bet you'd never tell me that my jaunty beret looks stupid.

Your favorite reader,
Malcolm

Enclosure: Bloody playing card. (We are studying business letters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment