Monday, January 3, 2011

Crossover with "Grey Gardens"

In the Old Lincoln School, the documentary crew continued interviewing Hecate, sitting on Duncan's bed, and the Bald Witch, standing to the right.

The Bald Witch had been telling a story about the other witches.

"But you see in dealing with me, the other witches didn't know that they were dealing with a staunch character and I tell you if there's anything worse than dealing with a staunch witch... S-T-A-U-N-C-H. There's nothing worse, I'm telling you. They don't weaken, no matter what."

The documentary crew asked the Bald Witch about the clothes she was wearing. Hecate muttered in the background about how she had been a fantastic singer when she was younger. "Quiet, Hecate darling," the Bald Witch admonished. Then she pointed to her outfit.

"This is the best thing to wear for today, you understand. Because I don't like women in skirts and the best thing is to wear pantyhose or some pants under a short skirt, I think. Then you have the pants under the skirt and then you can pull the stockings up over the pants underneath the skirt. And you can always take off the skirt and use it as a cape. So I think this is the best costume for today. Do you think my costume looks all right for all those silent people in white masks?"

"They've probably seen it before," the filmmaker replied.

"No, no, this is the revolutionary costume! I never wear this in East Hampton!"

"I was going to take a bath later," said Hecate. "But I asked Bald Witch to take the live eel out of the tub and she never got around to it."

"I've been busy!" Bald Witch yelled. "Busy with my dancing! Do you think my dancing looks funny? I do terrific dances. I could have danced professionally if I didn't have to stay here and look after Hecate. The other witches all left. I was stuck here. You can't have your Frusen Glädjé and eat it too in life." The Bald Witch sighed. Hecate perked up at the mention of Frusen Glädjé.

"Oh, yes, I did. I did. I had my Frusen Glädjé, loved it, masticated it, chewed it and had everything I wanted."

No comments:

Post a Comment