Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crossover with the Ebullition record label


It was a balmy evening in Goleta, California. Kent McClard, tired from a long day of riding around in his hovercraft, was about to sit down to a delicious vegan dinner when his telephone rang.

"If it's not one thing, it's another!", Kent exclaimed as he answered the ringing phone.

"Kent? It's King Duncan," came the voice on the other end. "I would like to listen to some emotionally charged hardcore music."

"I love emotionally charged hardcore music!", said Kent in response.

"I want you to get, say, 10 or 11 bands to record emotionally charged hardcore songs and then release those songs on a compilation album."

"Great idea!", said Kent. "Although to pay for this I may have to sell my hovercraft. Anything else?"

"Yes," said Duncan. "Booklets. You must include booklets. The more the better. Educate my kingdom. Write personal essays."

"Hmmm," said Kent. "Intriguing."

"Also," said Duncan, "if you could make the vinyl some sort of snazzy color. Black vinyl is boring. I want to look at an interesting color spin on my turntable while I read the booklets. Make it so."

Kent McClard slammed the phone down, gazed into the distance, and said "I'd better get started." Unfortunately, he did this before Duncan was about to inform him of his last request: "No Still Life. Still Life are fucking terrible."

No comments:

Post a Comment