Monday, February 22, 2010

Crossover with a possibly apocraphyal story about Bill Murray that a friend of a friend once told me

Banquo, MacDuff, and Malcolm entered the Speakeasy Bar. They sat around the tiny table next to the pool table and began to play a game of cards. A Peggy Lee song played on the jukebox. They began to discuss the Macbeth situation.

"Not in the legions of horrid hell can come a devil more damn'd in evils to top Macbeth!", MacDuff declared.

"You know", said Banquo, "This bar reminds me of the last time I was on my way to a bar. The strangest thing happened."

MacDuff ignored Banquo, and said "This avarice sticks deeper, grows with more pernicious root than summer-seeming lust, and it hath been the sword of our slain kings: yet do not fear; Scotland hath foisons to fill up your will. Of your mere own: all these are portable, with other graces weigh'd."

"Quiet, MacDuff", said Malcolm, "I wish to hear Banquo's story!"

Banquo began, "I was walking to a bar in New York... lower East Side. While I'm waiting to cross the street, I see waiting to cross on the other side is Bill Murray. The actor."

"I loves Stripes!", shouted Malcolm. "Groundhog Day, all that stuff!" Malcolm then grabbed the card he was playing, walked over to the wall, and - with a hammer - nailed the car to the wall of the Speakeasy Bar.

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once. 'Tis hard to reconcile", said MacDuff.

"Anyway", continued Banquo, "Bill Murray catches me staring at him. He's looking straight at me, and I'm kind of embarrassed because I don't want to invade the guy's privacy. Next thing I know, Bill Murray is RUNNING across the street straight at me. And I'm just frozen in place."

By this time the Speakeasy Bartender was also listening. She poured more absinthe for Malcolm, MacDuff, and Banquo.

"Next thing I know, Bill Murray grabs me in a fucking HEADLOCK and gives me a NOOGIE! An honest-to-God noogie!"

"What happened then?", asked Malcolm.

"Then Bill Murray releases me from the headlock and whispers in my ear 'No one is ever going to believe you.' Then he just walked away."

"Well, I don't believe you", said Malcolm.

"Then Bill Murray wins", said Banquo.

Malcolm looked at his watch, "Look at the time. I gotta go grab somebody for a one on one."

No comments:

Post a Comment