Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crossover with Chick-fil-A

MacDuff was hungry. It had been a busy night of avenging his wife, dancing on bookshelves, swinging hanging lamps in accusation, and fighting with witches. Almost everyone he knew was dead, so he asked the Second Mrs. De Winter if she wanted to get a bite to eat.

"The food at my place is all rotting on the table. I need to go out and get something", MacDuff explained.

The Second Mrs. De Winter considered MacDuff's offer, looked him squarely in the eye, and answered. "Once upon a time there was a poor little boy who had no father or..."

MacDuff cut her off. "Tell me about that later. Let's focus on getting some food. I'm thinking Chick-fil-A. You cool with that?"

The Second Mrs. De Winter wrinkled her nose. "Didn't you see 'Food, Inc.'? I'm not touching fast food."

"Normally, I can't stand fast food, either", MacDuff told her. "But for some reason I love Chick-fil-A. Come on, it'll be good."

"I could maybe do In and Out Burger. That's my limit for fast food."

MacDuff went to Chick-fil-A alone, but when he reached it...he found it was a piece of rotten wood. And then he went to Five Guys...and found it was a withered sunflower...and he wanted to go back to the Old Lincoln School, but the Old Lincoln School was an upturned pot. And he sat down and cried, and he's sitting there still, all alone.

1 comment: